Welcome


I am working on my first book, and although it has been hard to find the time, I am slowly making time in the early hours of the morning. God has been good to me, with the inspirational downloads that He is releasing every day. This is a book for leaders and those that work and serve them. Leaders are visionaries that are constantly changing their directions in mid stream. The status quo say that you never change direction in the middle of a stream, just go with the flow. But many leaders think outside the box, outside the realm of reasoning. The really scary ones hear God and use an invisible force field called Faith that defies the gravity and time for natural occurrences. It usually confuses those that are close to them, and those that have to anticipate their next move. I am quite aware of this frustration and exhilaration all at the same time because of the man of God I live with. However, the lessons that I have learned from life on the edge, I will share with you in the book what God has dropped in my spirit to fulfill. Keep me in prayer; it is going to be a blessing.







Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finding Your Voice

Singing has been a pass time, therapy, worship, amusement, creativity, joy, passion and a creative way to annoy my children!


With all these expression of my voice I discovered that I have an unusual voice print that took me years to own as my gift from God. Every time I sang, somebody was always trying to compare me to another individual of fit me in a particular genre of music.

It took years to grow in confidence to realize that the voice print, depth and resonance in my voice came from the trials, victories, disappointment and pain that I have had to overcome.

In discovering who I am, I discovered I like the pitch, range and depth that my voice carried.

I would write parodies to the songs that were on the radio, be it Christian, Jazz, Broadway or Country. It didn't matter; I would put my own spin on things. This began to spill over when I did worship, or sang hymns in Church. I would sing out of my spirit, and the words would come. People were uplifted, few tried to correct me and let me know in a serious and sometimes harsh tone “That is not the words to that song." My response grew to be “This is my story; this is my song." to some of you that are new to the faith, this is just words, but that is the title to an old school song. My dad use to sing this song almost every day as he was working, or just humming a little tune.

You can discover the power of your voice by, singing, late into the night, driving in your car, walking around the mall or grocery store. 'How?' you ask! By releasing the sound that is trapped within, no one hears the uniqueness of you. The Father, of all living things gave you the voice print that you have, that no one can duplicate it. Only your voice carries the pain, heartache and disappointment that gives depth to the harmony and melody that is in your heart.

Make a joyful noise sometime today and find you voice!

I wait to hear the testimony of the breakthrough that you have discovered and Now I have Found My Voice!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. I am learning to discover my voice print! It is very different as well. Many people try to label me but songs God has given me come from my trials and testimonies, stories and love... It's nice to know I'm not crazy cause I like to lean on a certain sound...that's where I feel God. I hear God in that sound. Thx for starting this, people need to know they're not alone.

    ReplyDelete