Welcome


I am working on my first book, and although it has been hard to find the time, I am slowly making time in the early hours of the morning. God has been good to me, with the inspirational downloads that He is releasing every day. This is a book for leaders and those that work and serve them. Leaders are visionaries that are constantly changing their directions in mid stream. The status quo say that you never change direction in the middle of a stream, just go with the flow. But many leaders think outside the box, outside the realm of reasoning. The really scary ones hear God and use an invisible force field called Faith that defies the gravity and time for natural occurrences. It usually confuses those that are close to them, and those that have to anticipate their next move. I am quite aware of this frustration and exhilaration all at the same time because of the man of God I live with. However, the lessons that I have learned from life on the edge, I will share with you in the book what God has dropped in my spirit to fulfill. Keep me in prayer; it is going to be a blessing.







Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Influence of Songs

For the past few weeks, I have got back into the unconscious habit of waking up singing an old song. I never remember all the words, but it immediately brought me back to the place and time frame in my memory. For instance, I can remember the time, the place and I have a mental image of how I was when I sang that song. Sometimes I can remember what church event it was. Let me take you there. When little things happen that encourage me that I am special, I sing the chorus 'Yes Jesus Loves Me.'


I remember that was the first song my sister and I sang publicly together. We even held up the Bible in our hands to emphasize the point. I sang that chorus in Chicago before I ministered in a way and depth that I have never sang it before and it brought such a healing to the men and women that were there.

The Redemption Hymnal, and Sacred Songs Hymn book were what I sang out of my childhood years to High School. As the times and seasons changed in church, we mixed it with the popular songs of my day which were Edwin Hawkins, Andre Crouch, Tramaine Hawkins, The Winans, and many more.

The Hymns gave you the word, and you sang Theology with meaning. The Chorus or popular songs, gave the sound for your generation that encouraged your creativity. Hymns spoke to your depth and became foundation to your Christian walk. Choruses were a mixture of Christian Walk mixed with the sound that spoke to the generation it was trying to reach. In other words each generation had their sound and testimony of the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment